Sheppard was ELECTED by Ward 4 residents to serve as Trustee, Halton District School Board 2003-06. The ONLY current candidate to have held an elected position! Experienced in overseeing a $350M budget, 95 schools and 47,000 students in five municipalities, she ensured new school builds for Ward 4 serving a three year term in office. Ecole Forest Trail, Emily Carr, Garth Webb and Palermo!
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN!
- Executive Director, Bronte Butterfly Foundation
Enhanced Bronte waterfront with Butterfly gazebo, benches, pavers and trees.
- Executive Director, Oakville’s Millennium Committee
Lasting legacies including Town Clock and Oakville Heritage Trails
- Games Co-ordinator, Ontario Special Olympics Provincial Championships (Oakville/Burlington) Worked with Halton Regional Police Services and YMCA Oakville
to host competition with 1100 athletes and coaches.
- Experienced working with multiple levels of government, service agencies and community organizations to build community.
ACTIVE IN COMMUNITY
- Member Oakville Chamber of Commerce for over 20 years
- Past President and active member of Rotary Club of Oakville West and it’s major fundraiser the Oakville Awards for Business Excellence
- Director Canadian Club of Halton for ten years
- Former Parent Vice-Chair Royal Canadian Air Cadets Oakville and
Chair of their 60th Anniversary Celebration
- Past Director of Oakville Sports Hall of Fame
- Founding member of Halton Environmental Network & Oakville Tourism Partnership
EXPERIENCED BUSINESS WOMAN
- Small Business Consultant for several years
- Executive Director Not for Profit and Charities
- Government contracts with Elections Ontario, Statistics Canada, Elections Canada
- Owned and operated two franchised businesses in GTA
- Sports Communications Consultant for local, national and international events.